------- Original Message ------- On Saturday, October 28th, 2023 at 8:05 AM, Clément Lassieur wrote: > > > On Sat, Oct 28 2023, Christopher Baines wrote: > > > This passff-host package looks a bit odd to me, one thing to mention is > > that guix show says it has no dependencies, but I don't think that's > > correct: I agree about this. When I packaged passff-host locally some time ago, I saw it has a runtime dependency on python and also needs to be able to find the pass binary. I've attached the bare (unfinished/unpolished) package definition extracted from my local channel and attached it, for if it is of assistance to folks. My definition tries to embed a sane path for finding pass with a default of the path to the password-store package it was built against, and also tries to copy the passff.json into the correct browser folder for Chromium, Firefox, and Icecat based on the packaged install_host_app.sh script (note: I have only used it with Icecat). Cheers, Kaelyn > > > > ./pre-inst-env guix show passff-host > > name: passff-host > > version: 1.2.3 > > outputs: > > + out: everything > > systems: x86_64-linux mips64el-linux aarch64-linux powerpc64le-linux riscv64-linux > > + i686-linux armhf-linux i586-gnu powerpc-linux > > dependencies: > > > I imagine it's a bug in `guix show`? As doc says: > > • Gexps carry information about the packages or derivations they > refer to, and these dependencies are automatically added as inputs > to the build processes that use them. > > > Was this change sent as a patch to guix-patches? > > > No it wasn't. I