all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Christopher Howard <christopher@librehacker.com>
To: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr>,
	Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Broken Guix Pull
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 14:56:45 -0800	[thread overview]

Hi, that's me!

I picked a random /gnu/store/*/bin/guix, and got the same error
message. I also, as I mentioned, did a separate checkout from guix and
built it myself, and running the guix pull from that. I could do try a
few more /gnu/store/*/bin/guix binaries to be thorough, but I expect I
would continue to get the same result.

Something is certainly corrupted somewhere, but I can't figure out
where, or what it is exactly that I need to repair or delete or
whatever.

From that repair command error message I posted, you would think it
would have to be that one guix package in the store. But then, why
doesn't it work with other guix binaries?

From the build log I posted, it seems like guix is trying to load guix
code from some dependency package, but it definitely isn't clear to me
how that works.