all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Online accounts in evolution
@ 2023-03-07 22:49 Christophe Pisteur
From: Christophe Pisteur @ 2023-03-07 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help guix

Hi,

I did a fresh install of Guix system 1.4, installed the evolution
package and then imported an evolution-backup archive made on a
previous guix system, which I did in the past several times
successfully, but this time the online accounts (Nextcloud: calendar,
address book) were not taken into evolution account (nor Calendar),
although I defined my Nextcloud account in gnome-settings.

I then checked if the evolution-data-server and gnome-online-accounts
packages were installed, which they apparently were not, and installed
them, but the result is the same: online accounts are not taken into
evolution account.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christophe

* Re: Online accounts in Evolution (and Calendar)
@ 2023-03-27 10:33 ` Christophe Pisteur
From: Christophe Pisteur @ 2023-03-27 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help guix

Hi,

I have some additional information to share:

- Initially (see below), when I entered my login information into
gnome-online-accounts, nothing was displayed in Calendar or Evolution.

- For some reason, Calendar and Evolution now display the list of my
calendars and address book; but they can't connect to their contents.
Here are the error messages from Evolution:

Adressebook:
Impossible de se connecter au carnet d’adresses « CardDAV : Sans nom »
Échec avec l’erreur HTTP 405 : Method Not Allowed

Calendars:
Impossible de se connecter à l’agenda « Sur le Web : Next_Ponctuel »
Bad Request

Impossible de se connecter à « chris.pi@posteo.net@nl.tab.digital »
Erreur de résolution de « posteo.net@nl.tab.digital » : Nom ou service
inconnu

- Note that :
-> Connecting to my NextCloud account works fine from Files, which
accesses and displays documents saved on my Nexcloud space.
-> Before this last guix installation, everything worked  fine with
Evolution or Calendar.

- among the things I've tried so far:
separately (re)installing evolution-data-server and gnome-online-
accounts.
run guix pull then guix package -u and sudo guix system reconfigure
Nothing changes

I hope that these additional hints will help someone to find a solution
for this problem.

Christophe

Guix system 1.4 / 64 bits
Gnome 42.4 / X11
Intel® Core™2 T9900 × 2
Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset (CTG)