On 08-09-2022 09:25, zimoun wrote: > My point is that ’Guix is unavailable’ is special and it appears to me > expected to raise an error. Other said, > > 1. if %default-guix-channel (or its mirrors) is unreachable, > then stop the pull; as it is currently done. > 2. if an extra channel is unreachable, > then keep the last local revision of this channel > and try the others. > > For sure, #2 can break the whole pull if something in the Guix channel > changed*and* the channel depends on this something. But we cannot do > more than raise an error. Looking at 'latest-channel-instances', the code for deciding what the latest version is, is the same for the guix channel and any other channel.  As such, the 'Guix is unavailable' is, currently, not special. I suppose we could special-case it in latest-channel-instances to raise an error when Guix is unavailable, but I don't see why -- sometimes Savannah is down, would be nice to then at least be able to update the other channels. Greetings, Maxime.