Hi Guix, On Thu, 2021-01-28 at 16:53 -0500, Leo Famulari wrote: > On January 19 2021, we received a message from Maxime Devos describing a > potential attack vector on Guix System. > > If an attacker can exploit a remote code execution vulnerability (RCE) > in a program used by a Guix service, they could use it to take over the > system in some cases. We have not deployed any mitigations for this. > > Below is a summary of their messages, including a mitigation proposal. > Your feedback is requested! I'm writing a patch right now. It's a little more elaborate than my mkdir-p/own proposal. In the patch, directories with owner, group and permission bits are created via extensions to a ‘fs-entry-service-type’, which will perform various basic consistency checks at build time (e.g., no directory can be owned by multiple users). I'll post a draft when it's ready. Maxime