zimoun schreef op di 28-06-2022 om 13:01 [+0200]: > Well, from my understanding, the question is: should a perfectly working > and fine submission be delayed because unrelated-to-Guix issues are in > upstream code? This is not the question. The dispute is about: Maxime Devos: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/55541#3 > AFAICT the issues have not been reported upstream yet, so I don't > think we can close this entry on debbugs yet. zimoun: > Ludo said these unrelated-to-Guix issues are not blocker, from my > understandings.  And I agree.  Do you disagree? I agree too. What I disagree with, is ignoring the bug. The blocker for me is: appropriate parties need to be at least informed of bug if it isn't fixed. > You are commenting on “standard” which somehow asks about explicit > criteria. And, you are implicitly commenting on blocking while > issues from upstream are not fixed. Instead of trying to deduce > myself (and probably the wrong way), could you please explicitly > write down your arguments? Reviewer noticed a $bug. This kind of $bug has two accepted and standard methods for addressing it: (1) fix it (by replacing the configure script or patching it or sufficient substitute*). (a) in Guix (often work-around-ish, though often a work-around is sufficient for these kind of cross-compilation problems) (b) upstream (more work, sometimes more fulfilling, sometimes not  worth it (2) report it upstream (because it's more complicated than a simple 'substitute*'. Why? It's a bug, needs to be fixed somehow, and for (2): we can't solve everything ourselves. What happened: Committer pushed changed, ignoring (1) and (2). /me: What? Why ignore the bugs? Greetings, Maxime.