On 07.01.19 14:47, Pierre Neidhardt wrote: > Merged! > >> : > +;;; Returns a package definition that packages an emacs-lisp file from the >> : >> : "Return", not "Returns". > > You forgot this! Anyways, I was confused by the docstring, so I took the > liberty to simplify it a little bit to the following: Whoops... Maybe I did not reformat the patches. > "Return a package definition named PACKAGE-NAME that packages the Emacs Lisp > SOURCE-FILES found in SOURCE-PACKAGE." > > If you think this is missing something, let me know and I'll fix it. Much better. That was probably just to straight forward for me. > Oops, got too fast: there is a circular dependency problem because emacs.scm > depends on llvm.scm. > The function must be moved to some other place. I'll place it in emacs utils or > something. So that is my "weird issue"! I first packaged the function in emacs-utils.scm and experienced much worse things. I suspected it to be a circular dependency as any package using emacs-build-system includes emacs-utils under the hood and moved it to packages/emacs.scm. I thought it was something different because the same error appeared there too. Maybe we should have a file with "shortcuts" for package definitions of special kind and place the function there? I would claim that we would have the same problems in emacs-utils.scm. Tim.