Ludovic Courtès schreef op di 28-09-2021 om 14:21 [+0200]: > Hi, > > Joshua Branson skribis: > > > Apologies if I'm speaking for something I know very little > > about...Wouldn't it be nice if guix home services would accept a user > > and a group field? For the syncthing service, perhaps the user wants to > > limit Syncthing's runtime permissions. So instead of running as the > > user, the user would run synthing as a different user with less permissions? > > That’s not possible unless the calling user is root, since you’d need > the ability to switch users somehow. On Debian, a user has a list of ‘subordinate user IDs’ which can be switched to without root: . Maybe "guix home" could use that mechanism, and this mechanism could be implemented on Guix System as well? Greetings, Maxime