all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: indieterminacy <indieterminacy@libre.brussels>
To: alex.sassmannshausen@gmail.com
Cc: guix-devel <guix-devel@gnu.org>, Guile User <guile-user@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Greens/EFA internship
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 21:01:19 +0200	[thread overview]

On 12-05-2023 13:02, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for cross-posting, and I hope this is an appropriate use of the
> mailing
> lists.
>
> As part of my work I have the exciting opportunity to organise a paid
> internship. The details are in the email below.
>
> Please feel free to advertise this far and wide, and on socials. The
> deadline is fairly short
> unfortunately.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,

Given some historic interactions with a Green policy officer at Freedom
Not Fear and an awareness of MEPs roles regarding data-privacy it should
not surprise me that the party has such exemplary tooling under the
hood!

If I can make a suggestion, please adjust the template for your
employment landing page:
https://www.greens-efa.eu/en/get-involved/work-with-us

When I visited to promote it (on the fediverse), I visually mistook the
yellow banner as the website footer - and then made the false conclusion
that your promoted temporary-agent IT project-manager role was infact
the internship position:
https://www.greens-efa.eu/en/article/job/it-project-manager-it-developer

This confusion was only rectified attempting to correct another Lisper
posting the (correct) internship role (given that the application
deadlines are different).

These are oversights from me - but I suspect if both employment and
internships were given the same formatting it may not have happened.

FWIW, I consider 1500 EUR rather generous for a Brussels internship
relative to many EU ones in the city, which pleases me no end.
Precariat employment practices are a blight within EU associations, it
shames us all that talent struggles to succeed compared to the spawn of
the well heeled.

Best wishes,

Jonathan McHugh

--