On 07-10-2022 11:50, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Hi, > > Maxime Devos skribis: > >> I have some unapplied security patches (from before the latest release >> (1.3.0) (!)) (more precisely, some patches that prepare for actually >> being able to write the security patches, once the preparation patches >> are merged, the actual security fixes should be relatively simple); I >> think it would be rather bad for known security fixes to not be >> applied for a whole release, especially given how long release cycles >> are in Guix. > > Could you provide links to these? 'These' are the ‘openat’ patches: > If they depend on ‘openat’ in Guile, that won’t be an option > unfortunately since we’re not going to upgrade the ‘guile’ package > during that time frame. However, upgrading the Guile package is not required, I proposed making a separate ‘guile-with-openat’ package (= current Guile + some patches), which can then be used by the service code: (without world rebuilds). Greetings, Maxime.