Hi, I tried to get J ready for packaging, but thanks to my CPU not supporting AVX2 and some helpful discussion in IRC, I was able to avoid an error here. The (guix cpu) code is not meant to be used at runtime as the comment to ijconsole implies it wants it to be used. Rather, you should use it at compile time to bake in the correct tuning parameters, and it should ideally also support "cross-tuning" (though in that case you probably need to disable the tests because your CPU won't make sense of the code). ijconsole not only fails that, but it also fails at an even more basic task in Guix' launcher scripts, which is actually knowing the thing you launch. (We hardcode everything, period.) Now I could just disable everything AVX-related in J and push something that works on x86 and amd64, but since you do claim that AVX is important to J, there are also other options one could take here. One is to implement tuning for this package the correct way, though since it reinvents build systems, that's probably going to be a hard one. The other would be to define package variants (e.g. jsoftware-j-with- avx) and use those -- there ought to be an old blog post on Guix HPC detailing the rationale behind doing that. WDYT? Is AVX worth the trouble?