Le lundi 12 août 2024 à 17:33 +0000, Fredrik Salomonsson a écrit : > Hi Guix, > > I was trying to build coreboot for my wife's Lenovo x220 laptop this > weekend but I wasn't successful.  I've built it before for my own x220 a > few years ago but that was before I migrated most of my machines to > Guix.  It was quite straightforward (not taking configuring coreboot > into consideration😅).  Figured I'll do the same with my wife's x220 as > the brightness control does not work on her laptop after I installed > Guix.  It works perfectly fine on mine and only difference is the bios > (yay reproducible nature of Guix!). > > Coreboot insists on building its own cross compilation of GCC for i686. > And it wants Ada support.  I looked into adding a `gcc-ada-toolchain` for > Guix but it looks like in order to build Ada for GCC you need GCC with > Ada support… > > Has anyone manage to build coreboot on a Guix system?  And if so how did > you setup the build environment to be able to do so? > > I did get it somewhat building by just jump into a Ubuntu container via > distrobox.  But it's a bit flaky with certificates, I need to hunt down > environment variables set in my Guix environment and unset them for > things to work properly in the Ubuntu environment. > > Thanks! > Hi, I'm lacking time right now to explain everything but I'll do tomorrow. I'm a maintainer of GNU Boot and worked on porting GNAT on Guix, and succeeded to do so privately because I use Guix as my main distro. It's not ready for me to upstream it, but in a few weeks probably. Happy hacking! -- Adrien Bourmault Maintainer, GNU Boot project Associate member, Free Software Foundation GPG : E23C26A5DEEEC5FA9CDDD57A57BC26A3687116F6