Dominic Martinez schreef op vr 11-03-2022 om 15:32 [-0500]: > As far as I can tell Go expects libraries to be source-only, so > I'm not sure what you would do in a build phase. I followed the > lead of the other Go library packages like go-golang-org-x-tools > (grep golang.scm for "Source-only package"). FWIW, there exist Go libraries that keep the default build phase, e.g. go-github-com-hashicorp-go-version. Also, according to comments in guix/build/go-build-system.scm, it is intended to someday reuse the compiled build dependencies again (see ). Also, perhaps the 'build' phase is currently largely useless for Go libraries, I'd expect it to be a no-op in those cases, so I don't expect it to be necessary to delete the build phase. I expect that existing instances of (delete 'build) in golang.scm can be removed, but it's not something I've ever actually tried, so I'm not sure. Greetings, Maxime.