Hi Maxime, Thank you for the review! I attached a new patch set. I reverted to Bonface's original idea of having lilypond only as a native input in the package definition. I prefer this solution in order to solve the problem since it follows upstream's instructions of installing lilypond separately (https://abjad.github.io/first_steps/linux.html), doesn't pollute a guix user's profile with lilypond as you mentioned, and seems a bit cleaner since I don't have to touch the python sources in order to make them find the lilypond input. If the user wants to produce a pdf then they can just include lilypond in their profile. What do you think? best regards, jgart ps This caused me to have to add lilypond as a native-input to abjad-ext-rmakers (47816), abjad-ext-nauert (47817), and abjad-ext-ipython (47818) since those where building successfully before because they had abjad as a propagated input and abjad had lilypond as a propagated input. The above mentioned packages require lilypond for the tests. April 16, 2021 6:12 AM, "Maxime Devos" wrote: > On Fri, 2021-04-16 at 04:57 +0000, jgart via Guix-patches via wrote: > >> Hi Guix, >> >> Below are some improvements to the python-abjad package that was merged the other day. >> >> I changed the name to abjad, moved some inputs into their correct place, > > Please move 'lilypond' from propagated-inputs to 'inputs', if sanely possible! > This avoids polluting the profile with packages the user did not > explicitely request. Of course, abjad still somehow has to find > lilypond, so you might need to replace "lilypond" with > > (string-append (assoc-ref inputs "lilypond") "/bin/lilypond") > > somewhere in python-abjad's source code. You can use substitute* > for that. > > Greetings, > Maxime.