zimoun schreef op wo 23-03-2022 om 12:28 [+0100]: > > This happens whenever I upgrade the system.  This makes the system > > rather frustrating to use.  I don’t know if booting into an older > > system > > generation would result in the same problem, but my guess is that > > it > > would because both GDM and GNOME Shell appear to be leaving some > > binary > > files behind that cause different versions to crash > > unceremoneously. > > > > What can we do to make GDM and GNOME Shell more reliable? > > Is it still an issue? IIRC, I encountered the same symptom (although perhaps with a different cause, and I did not know if was caused by upgrades) last time I used Guix System, which was in the 2022 or at least 2021, so I think it might still be an issue. Or maybe it has been solved since then. Greetings, Maxime.