On Mon, 2020-01-06 at 02:06 +0000, Brett Gilio wrote: > > Jan 5, 2020 2:30:14 AM Ricardo Wurmus : > > > LaFreniere, Joseph writes: > > > > > > > I think that for now the options are to > > > 1. continue using Python2 for Mercurial; > > > 2. use Python3 but disable all tests, as Janssen's patch suggests; > > > 3. use Python3 but disable the known-failing tests; or > > > 4. hold off on updating the package until upstream supports > > > Python3 across its entire test suite. > > > > > > Of those three, I am most in favor of the third option. I would > > > be glad to submit a patch that implements it if there is agreement > > > to take that direction. > > > > > > > I agree that option 3 (with a link to the upstream discussion) is the > > right way to go forward. > > > > Thanks! > > > > -- > > Ricardo > > > > I am also in agreement that working-around the failing tests is the best > option, with a backup of just disabling the tests until the python3 > incompatibilities are resolved. We need to work away from python2 wherever > possible. Since the upstream is aware of the problem I see avoiding python2 as > a reasonable alternative to work-arounds. > > The attached patch runs most tests, except those that failed on my machine. Note that it took my 16-core machine quite some time to run the whole test suite. Kind regards, Roel Janssen