Gábor Boskovits schreef op di 31-05-2022 om 06:54 [+0200]: > I was thinking about a bit of a different structure that can also be > automated. My original idea was to use the already existing tree > structure of the derivations, and split it based on depth. I think > that gives a bit more structure, but might require splitting things > that now are together (for example iirc sometimes we are defining > bootstrap packages inheriting from the fully fledged ones, which > introduces a syntactic dependency on something that is  higher up the > tree). Wdyt? The package modules could be split and reorganised a bit to roughly follow the derivation DAG, if that's what you mean (*)? Then the "guix" package would depend on less -> compute-guix-derivation etc has less to do, also good for lowering "guix $do_something" memory footprint. Seems orthogonal to my proposal. I guess we could eventually do both? Greetings, Maxime.