On 01/05/24 14:39, Skyler Ferris wrote: > I was hoping that someone else more knowledgeable might have a better > solution, but since nobody has replied I'll share the less-than-ideal > solution I've been using. Thanks a lot for the response! > Basically, I just use some code to mount tmpfs onto the directories by > adding extra values to the file-systems declaration of my > operating-system declaration. The main disadvantage not already > mentioned is that UIDs and GIDs have to be explicitly defined for each > non-system user. Maybe the logic for the GIDs could be removed because > the group has no permissions on the directory anyway, but I haven't > thought it through.. There are some helper functions: This is super useful, thank you! And probably substantially better than my current hack (brute `mkdir -p` on startup, which seems likely to make `mount` sad when later someone *does* log in properly, let alone the issue you mention with surviving reboots).