zimoun schreef op ma 27-06-2022 om 17:23 [+0200]: > You are mixing unrelated topics, IMHO. > > We have policies, not standard. > > «A policy is a set of ideas or plans that is used as a basis for making > decisions, especially in politics, economics, or business.» > > «A standard is a level of quality or achievement, especially a level > that is thought to be acceptable.» I think it's a reasonable policy to have standards, and that it's a bad policy to not have standards. Seems related to me. Also, we do have some standards -- e.g., bundling, malware, non-freeness and security problems is not considered quality. > > Agreed -- I did not ask that explicitely in #55541, but the implied > > question was to report it upstream (or fix local, that could be > done > > too). But my point is that this should have been done _before_ > merging > > the patch. > > So, what are you explicitly asking? :-) Nothing, it was implicit. > Other said, it cannot be asked to submitter to fix unrelated-to-Guix > issue on upstream code. Although cross-compilation issue is somehow > related to Guix. ;-) I never asked this. All I asked for is to report the issue upstream, such that upstream can fix it. (Though fixing it would be nice bonus.) Greetings, Maxime.