all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Demo: Live Loading Common Lisp Systems with Guix
@ 2023-03-27  4:12 jgart
From: jgart @ 2023-03-27  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, ~whereiseveryone/guixrus; +Cc: Charles

Hi Guixers and Lispers,

I'd like to invite you to a demo and QA entitled "Live Loading Common Lisp Systems with Guix" presented by charje.

We'll meet over Big Blue Button on April 2nd and 16:00 UTC at the following link:

https://meet.nixnet.services/b/jga-nze-hgu-1qg

The demo itinerary is the following:

1: Show how currently a full shell and image restart is required to load a new CL system.

2: Show how, using tools in Guix 'R Us, CL systems can be loaded without restarting shell or image.

3: Go into each of the tools (charje.guix, guix provides, and guix shell --mutable) and the role
that each plays.

4: Show short comings, and ask for help in solving them. Questions will be taken at the end of each
step.

Here is the git repository for these new Guix tools for you to optionally review before the demo:

https://git.sr.ht/~charje/cl-guix-utils
https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/guixrus-scripts

The event will be live recorded and published on archive.org on this page afterwards:

https://archive.org/details/@whereiseveryone

--
jgart ;()

* https://github.com/charJe/

https://whereis.みんな
https://guix.gnu.org

* Re: Demo: Live Loading Common Lisp Systems with Guix
@ 2023-04-02 17:53 ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2023-04-02 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, ~whereiseveryone/guixrus; +Cc: Charles

Hi Guixers,

Thanks to those who came out! We had a great session with charje and others.

Here is the video recording from today's Demo: Live Loading Common Lisp Systems with Guix:

https://meet.nixnet.services/playback/presentation/2.3/8c682fa49919a4d0c6cebf672e2b0dd52a825e6c-1680450956044

I'll be uploading it to the following archive.org today. Stay tuned for the next one!

https://archive.org/details/@whereiseveryone

all best,

jgart

https://whereis.みんな/

* Re: Demo: Live Loading Common Lisp Systems with Guix
@ 2023-04-02 18:05 ` jgart
From: jgart @ 2023-04-02 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, ~whereiseveryone/guixrus; +Cc: Charles

Hi Guixers,

archive.org video is up!

https://archive.org/details/charje_live_loading_common_lisp_with_guix

The archive.org entry includes the text log for the Big Blue Button chat. Most questions were asked there.

Start from 2:58 if you'd like to skip my ums and go straight to the presentation ;()

all best,

jgart

https://whereis.みんな/