Hi On 2018-04-27 06:07, Chris Marusich wrote: > Pierre Neidhardt writes: > >> In general I think `guix system` error feedback tends to be a tad too >> shy. Are there some plans to make them more explicit and precise? > Did you know that you can ask for more verbose feedback with the > --on-error option? See (guix) Invoking guix system for details. > According to the manual this is the default strategy: |nothing-special| Report the error concisely and exit. This is the default strategy. Which in the case of Matija reports: guix system: error: stat: No such file or directory: "system" Maybe we should add to this error message an information about the ability to choose another error strategy (to have more information about what went wrong), e.g.: guix system: error: stat: No such file or directory: "system" Note: More information on the error is availiable by choosing another error strategy. See (guix) Invoking guix system for details. Cheers Swedebugia