Hi, On Thu, 2022-04-28 at 15:28 +0200, Attila Lendvai wrote: > Idris requires a C compiler at runtime to generate executables. > > * gnu/packages/idris.scm (idris) [inputs]: Add bash-minimal (for > wrap-program). > [phases]: Add wrap-program phase to define IDRIS_CC, use (cc-for- > target). > --- I believe this would prevent someone from effectively setting `IDRIS_CC` to a different compiler from within their environment, correct? I would like to leave that option available to users. Also, can this be a simple compiler reference, or does it need to be a "toolchain compiler"? E.g. I usually set `IDRIS_CC` to gcc from a "gcc-toolchain" package. Could we possibly instead override the default C compiler in the compiler's C backend? Either way we'd be embedding a reference to some compiler/toolchain. `~Eric