On 2024-06-24 10:30:05 +0300, MSavoritias wrote: > [..] > > You are advocating for a safe place, right? From my eyes, when I see > > the structure of the thread, it does not generate a safe place where > > collaboration is encouraged. > > > > My feeling, when I do a step back and look to the structure of the > > thread, is that some opinions are silent because it’s hard to have the > > space to express them. > > Yes exactly. So lets see what opinions were expressed the first few hours of this thread. And what opinions have been expressed after mostly. I do not think this is a fair test. People might have other things to do than to respond to fairly heavy email during "the first few hours"... > [..] > If we value diversity then we need to ask: > Where are the different opinions really and why did they left? Have you asked yourself that Simon? > > This is not meant of course to say that it is your fault. Its meant to be a wider discussion of: > 1. Why did the moderation fail in this thread? Did it though? I feel like I could have expressed my opinion if I wanted to do so. Could you please describe how would you envisioned this thread to be handled with regards to the moderation? Ideally in specific, actionable steps. > 2. Where are the diversity of voices? Who knows. Maybe they said their piece and were satisfied with it. Maybe they were convinced my (some) arguments of the other side to just wait a bit longer. Maybe they were indeed scared away by people expressing different opinion. My point is that (afaik) you do *not* know where they are, so the way you put it (implying their absence is caused solely by failure of moderation) feels bit underhanded. At least without some actually investigation into the topic (which you do not mention here, so I assume it was not performed). > 3. Why was the piling on of a single view point that is again the Guix CoC allowed in this thread? I do not believe expressing opinion different from yours is CoC violation. The "piling on" part can just be viewed as expression of the fact that many people disagree with you, not a harassment. If you believe any particular message violated CoC, you should report it according to the CoC. That will move it outside of "in *your* opinion it was a violation" into "we know whether it was". Have a nice day, Tomas Volf -- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.