On 2024-06-26 23:41:57 +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > > Tomas Volf (3): > > doc: Warn about extra-special-file usage in /etc. > > channels: Add `read-channels-file' procedure. > > services: guix: Default `channels' field to #f. > > Finally got around to it: I applied patches #1 and #3. Thanks :) > For patch #2, there’s the unwritten rule that non-UI modules should not > load (guix ui), so I’m reluctant to applying it in its current form. https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71793 > Now, the current situation is not great either. For instance, partly > due to that rule, there are 3 copies of ‘load-manifest’—not the end of > the world since it’s just 3 lines, but still. > > I don’t have a good idea on how to address this, but we can talk. :-) Well, in my case I am interested only in `load*' and `make-user-module'. So maybe I could move them into (guix utils). (guix ui) could just #:re-export them in order to limit the size of the diff, but in (guix channels) I could just import (guix utils) and use the `load*' from there. Fundamentally I guess the same could be done with `load-manifest' procedure you mentioned. Thoughts? > Thanks, and apologies for the delay! No worries and thank you for merging at least parts, Tomas -- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.