Hi, On 2024-06-08 17:22:30 -0700, Ian Eure wrote: > I’m not sure of the precise mechanism employed, but I believe that that in the > past, if I ran `git format-patch' and `git send-email', it would send an email > to the right place. There is etc/git/gitconfig in the repository that sets the necessary git configuration for it to work. > Is it broken? Not for me. > Am I missing one of the numerous intricate fiddly bits of setup to make email > patch flow work? Probably :) The fiddly piece here is that the git has to know about the etc/git/gitconfig and it does not by default. If I grep my actual .git/config, I see this: $ cat .git/config | grep -B1 gitconfig [include] path = ../etc/git/gitconfig The configuration is installed automatically (I assume that is why it is not mentioned in the manual as you say), however it is done during the build: $ cat Makefile.am | grep -C2 include.path .git/config: etc/git/gitconfig $(AM_V_at)if command -v git >/dev/null && test -d .git; then \ git config --fixed-value --replace-all include.path \ ../etc/git/gitconfig ../etc/git/gitconfig; \ fi So, can you please try the usual `./bootstrap && ./configure && make' and report back whether it helped? Hope this helps, Tomas -- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.