On Thu, May 30, 2024 at 04:15:33PM +0100, Fabio Natali wrote: > Hi, > > A quick question re the 'guix system vm' command. When used in > combination with '--share=/foo=/bar', the command takes advantage of > QEMU's 'virtfs' option to share a folder between the host and the guest. > > Interestingly, the command makes use of the 'security_model=none' > option. An alternative, one that I've seen recommended in some QEMU > docs⁰, would be using 'security_model=mapped-xattr'. > > Is there any particular reason why we're using 'none' instead of > 'mapped-xattr'? The reason I'm asking is because I'm struggling with > some permission issues on a shared folder and I'd have a vague intuition > (or some hope) that 'mapped-xattr' might be a solution. > It looks like it was set in April 2014, so it may be time to revisit it and see if changing the security_model works. -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted