On Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 04:52:29PM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote: > Hi Guix, > > for the past weeks the "master" branch has been in pretty poor state > according to ci.guix.gnu.org. It keeps hovering at around 56% progress, > which is a far cry from the 80+% we used to have in the old days. > > A lot of packages are in fact broken. Many more are marked as broken > due to a bug affecting ci.guix.gnu.org. > > It would be a good idea to do a little spring cleaning and go through > the dashboard for the master branch and work on fixing builds that are > currently broken on x86_64-linux. (Other architectures are in worse > state, but fixing x86_64-linux may be something we can actually > accomplish.) > > What do you think? Using the QA¹ page we can see another data point of how the different architectures are doing. Also, assuming there are 30,000 packages, the 4.3% difference on bayfront between x86_64 and i686 would be 129 packages. Given how easy it is to build for i686 on x86_64 I'd suggest also going through some of the i686 packages which don't build and checking if there's a build failure that can be patched or if it's a case of the software not supporting 32-bit architectures. ¹ https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/master -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted