On Wed, Mar 06, 2024 at 07:06:04PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Efraim Flashner skribis: > > > * gnu/packages/syncthing.scm (syncthing)[properties]: Mark package as > > tunable. > > [...] > > > + (tunable? . #t))) > > I’m skeptical; why would a backup program benefit from vector ISA > extensions? There's a fair amount of hashing and other bits that happen in syncthing, not just sending files over the network. IIRC when the GOAMD support was added hashing was specifically shown to have a massive boost from targeting newer micro-architectures. Also this is the package I always end up enabling tuning on when experimenting with tuning and go. -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted