On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 12:02:21PM +0100, Troy Figiel wrote: > Two short points: > > 1. It seems I forgot to add my copyright. In the past I added it to > crates-graphics.scm and not to crates-io.scm as I thought. I could add > an additional 13th patch, or maybe it would be easier to include it in > one of the other patches. I've added it for you to crates-io, and also to rust-apps. > 2. How is the cross-build-system depedency best handled? In the git logs > I have found two merges of the rust branch into master (1 month and 9 > months ago), so if the merge happens once every ~6 months, it could be a > long wait. I am not in any rush, but in the meantime it does block me > from upstreaming other Python patches that depend on python-cramjam. If > there is a better way to handle this, I would love to know. We don't really have a target. I figured every 3 months or so, enough time to cover 2 rounds of rust version bumps, would probably be a good cadence. Checking qa.guix.gnu.org I don't see that anyone has asked for a merge currently, which is about when I'd plan on jumping in. In terms of goals for the branch currently, I'd like to make sure that it re-adds support for riscv64 (up to 1.75 locally!) and try to figure out the issue I'm having on ppc64le with building rust-1.73. And also move more packages out of crates-io to other modules, it's still over 3000. Also, patches pushed. -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted