On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 07:05:03PM -0500, Jaeme Sifat wrote: > This patchset updates bat, the cat clone, to 0.24 as well as refactoring any > package definitions along the way. > > bat has a really peculiar way to packaging its extra files (completions + > manual). Mainly, this results in bat.1 not having the correct project > exectuable name instead using the placeholder. > > If you can find a solution to this, I'll be glad to hear it. Not even nixpkgs > packages the extra files. My secret to finding this is to check the .github folder to see what they use for CI. Between that and reading the build.rs I learned that if BAT_ASSETS_GEN_DIR or OUT_DIR is set then the generated assets will go in that directory. I adjusted the custom phase(s) accordingly to generate them and then install those files. I really appreciated your attention to the descriptions for the packages, some of them were much much better than what upstream had. Patches added to the rust-team branch! -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted