On 2023-08-22 13:14:05 +0000, Attila Lendvai wrote: > > each package for those two to work properly. Also, while having pinned > > versions of dependencies upstream seems like the consensus, I'm not sure > > we'd like doing that, be it for the exponential CI work that would be > > required. > > > not arguing either way, FWIW: > > - rumour has it that golang compiles very fast, and Usually people claiming this assume there is already a compiler cache present. The compiler heavily caches the work done. Sure, golang compiles faster than C++ for example, but anecdotal data point: at $DAYJOB we had to start persisting the compiler cache to make CI fast enough. > > - IIUC currently the go build system in guix does not reuse build artifacts, i.e. it recompiles everything for each leaf package. > > -- > • attila lendvai > • PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39 > -- > “What you do speaks so loud I cannot hear what you say.” > — Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803–1882) > > -- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.