On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 06:30:26AM +0200, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote: > Am Sonntag, dem 18.06.2023 um 21:07 +0200 schrieb Denis 'GNUtoo' > Carikli: > > [...] > > > Didn't you say that a hello world for scummvm exists? > > I don't know. There is a template for AGI games but the license is > > strange too, and it also requires some software to build it, and I've > > no idea if it's compatible with QT AGI, and I've also no idea if QT > > AGI works, doesn't have nonfree dependencies, etc. > > > > So that makes things way more complicated because here it probably > > requires a lot of work to confirm that it's possible or not possible > > to develop programs that run inside ScummVM with free software. > I see we're hitting a recurring pattern of not knowing things. This is > not aided by my personal disinterest for ScummVM, but I have to weigh > that disinterest against the potential interest of thousands of users > who are likely to only discover this argument to have taken place after > we've reached a conclusion. > > Note, that this discussion started IIRC a year ago and we have > practically known about actually existing FSDG violations since then. > My approach here is quite simple and pragmatic: Remove the games which > obviously violate the FSDG (that is all the games currently depending > on ScummVM as far as I know), but keep ScummVM for now to allow folks > to experiment. If in some one to five years we still find no practical > way of using ScummVM with only free software, that might be a reason to > remove it then. > > WDYT? This sounds like a sensible resolution to me. -- Efraim Flashner רנשלפ םירפא GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted