On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 12:02:55PM -0700, Felix Lechner via Guix-patches via wrote: > Hi Leo, > > On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 5:00 PM Leo Famulari wrote: > > > > your next steps should be identifying Guix developers who have a history > > of working on the PowerPC port and asking them to take a look. > > Based on this blog post [1] I wrote to Efraim on IRC. I mentioned this > bug and the connection to the powerpc64le port. Then I asked the group > about the whereabouts of the two blog authors, namely Chris Marusich > and Léo Le Bouter. Unfortunately I did not receive a response to > either message. To the best of my knowledge both Léo and Chris have both left the project. As it currently stands on master, go-1.19 doesn't build for ppc64le. I mentioned on IRC that it looks like the 'patch-gcc:lib phase in go-1.17 but for ppc64le, but after trying a few different combinations it looks to me more like the test failures on aarch64 (which I haven't looked at in forever). Looking at it I'm convinced that we are missing patching something on our end, and that these tests are probably supposed to pass. My suggestion is to skip the tests on go-1.17+ on ppc64le and adjust the note that all the listed architectures should have their test suite reviewed to figure out what we're missing. There's something about the internal linking on non-x86 architectures that needs investigating. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted