On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 01:34:45AM +0200, Maxime Devos wrote: > ( via Guix-patches via schreef op di 28-06-2022 om 21:34 [+0100]: > > +     (native-search-paths (package-native-search-paths %pkg-config)) > > If it's anything like 'pkg-config', it should usually be in > 'search-paths' for cross-compilation (for cross-pkg-config) > (native-search-paths would work too when compiling natively, > but only because currently then native-inputs and inputs are > merged together). > > OTOH, I think those kind of changes are best done with some > concrete test cases in mind (maybe the package depending on pkgconf > that will be packaged later?) otherwise it's a bit speculative on what > will works and what not, but I believe it's something to keep in mind > for later. > > (So TBC: I don't expect changes to the patch, but I expect changes will > be needed later, though only once we have concrete packages to actually > test them on). I talked with some Debian folks at Debconf, pkgconf is supposed to be able to function as a drop-in replacement for pkg-config, so I assume we should be able to reuse the search-paths exactly from pkg-config. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted