On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 05:55:38PM +0200, Julien Lepiller wrote: > Thanks for fixing that anyway :) > > I was only interested in it because it made me unable to reconfigure my systems. I don't care too much about the --tune code, and I don't understand what you suggest. Do you mean to create "x86 on x86_64" as a separate architecture? Or as a --tune target? > As part of the autotuning process. GCC internally groups i686 and x86_64 together when determining how to tune for --march=native, and I'm pretty sure I've added some i686 hardware for AMD when I was adding autotuning support for AMD CPUs. Its similar for aarch64 and armhf, there are armhf targets internally that accept armv8.X-a targets, so there's no need to limit armhf tuning to armv7. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted