Three packages depend directly on nss-certs: ldns, pypy3, and icedtea6. This is a problem because certificates expire. When that happens, the features of these programs that use X.509 certificates will stop working. Instead, packages should look up certificates at run-time in unversioned and well-known locations such as /etc/ssl/certs or via environment variables like $SSL_CERT_DIR. I'll send a patch removing the dependency from ldns. pypy3 does not build anyways because its runpath cannot be successfully validated, but I will investigate anyways after disabling the runpath validator. Icedtea6 is a very complex package. I assume it depends on the certificates directly for a good reason, but I would still appreciate some feedback on it.