On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 11:29:13PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > Sarah Morgensen skribis: > > > Sanitize cargo's inputs here since the package field sanitizers don't > > know about them. > > > > * guix/packages.scm (sanitize-inputs): Export procedure. > > * guix/build-system/cargo.scm (package-cargo-inputs) > > (package-cargo-development-inputs) > > (lower): Sanitize inputs before using them. > > So, do we want to do that? :-) > > I’d say yes, but what do Rust folks think? (Efraim?) > > Are labels of #:cargo-inputs & co. used at all? If not, we can probably > go one step further and have sanitation remove input labels instead of > adding them. I haven't done a thorough search, but the only code snippets I could think of it turns out were fixed when we managed to add snippets to cargo crates, and most of the logic was moved to the cargo-build-system. > And then, how do we handle the transition? I’m not enthusiastic about > customizing ‘guix style’ for Rust packages; should we embark on manual > changes of the 2.4K Rust packages? based on some of my previous work I would like to try to change 99% of the cargo-{development-,}inputs to regular-/native-inputs but I think after the core-updates merge would be a better time to work on that. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted