On Sat, Jul 03, 2021 at 07:32:45PM -0800, Christopher Howard wrote: > Hi, I've discovered lagrange is another one of those packages which, if I use a substitute, it gives the error "illegal instruction" when I try to run it. but if I download the source and build it > myself, I have no trouble running it. I'm certain without any research that this is a reproducibility error, due to native instructions not on my processor, but I could do the guix challenge if > somebody could remind me exactly how to tell guix to rebuild that one package from source. > I found that there is a spot in the code where it tests if the compiling computer can support sse4.1, and if so then it enables it. I've added a configure-flag to disable that. Can you test the new version? -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted