On Mon, Jun 07, 2021 at 10:09:44AM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote: > Upstream u-boot support was merged days ago³ so we should be able to add > support to our u-boot package soon-ish™. I added u-boot-sifive-unmatched, although Vagrant pointed out that I may be missing opensbi as an input. I haven't had a chance to test it yet. > Where I'm at right now: > Downloading using the daemon (builtin:download) fails currently, it says > it doesn't have permissions to open-file to write downloaded files to > the store. > I haven't built anything using the bootstrap binaries to see if they > actually work yet. I've had some time to play with these parts. I tried the qemu-binfmt emulation on my Guix System machine and I was able to start building out the packages while emulating riscv64-linux, so that's a good sign. As for writing to the store goes, I believe it's a permissions issue somewhere. With some help on IRC I modified the downloading code and wrote out some files using the builtin:download function to a file in my home directory. I also used a minimal reproducer to write a file to the store: scheme@(guile-user)> (use-modules (guix gexp)(guix store)(guix monad-repl)) scheme@(guile-user)> ,enter-store-monad store-monad@(guile-user) [1]> (text-file "foo" "Hello!\n") $2 = "/gnu/store/r4bq7f7aikj0dlzjcl2cjgal5wvdhvk1-foo" (ins)efraim@unmatched:~$ cat /gnu/store/r4bq7f7aikj0dlzjcl2cjgal5wvdhvk1-foo Hello! So that works. Could it be that I messed up creating the guixbuild users? I copy/pasted from the manual, command history shows me I ran: root@unmatched:/home/efraim# for i in $(seq -w 1 10); do useradd -g guixbuild -G guixbuild -d /var/empty -s $(which nologin) -c "Guix build user $i" --system guixbuilder$i; done -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted