On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 10:11:48PM -0700, Chris Marusich wrote: > Efraim Flashner writes: > > >> If it's a test failure, has the issue been reported upstream? > > > > I'll check to see if I can find something upstream. If not I'll report > > it. FWIW Debian disables the test suite for powerpc. > > https://sources.debian.org/src/binutils/2.36.1-6/debian/rules/#L537 > > How significant is the failure, anyway? Are we likely to encounter > trouble down the line on powerpc if we don't resolve this? I have no > idea, honestly, so I'm asking because I just don't know. I submitted the bug upstream. It turns out it was a bug in the test suite which only showed up on big-endian systems. They've fixed it in libiberty (in GCC) and I added the patch to binutils on core-updates. Tests pass on powerpc-linux and x86_64-linux. It also made this commit much much smaller :) -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted