On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 01:41:02PM +0100, Julien Lepiller wrote: > Hi Guix! > > this patch (going to core-updates) removes files from the output of > python2 and python3, in an attempt to save some space. First, I noticed > that python3 shipped windows binaries in its source distribution and > installs them to the output, in lib/python3.8/distutils/command/*.exe, > lib/python3.8/site-packages/*.exe and > lib/python3.8/site-packages/pip/_vendor/distlib/*.exe. I remove them > from the snippet, so they should not be installed anymore. > > I also noticed that python installs files that were built during the > test phase, so I remove them, but we need to check they are not > actually needed. Other distros ship them in a separate package, so > maybe we could have a separate test output if this is causing issues? > > I haven't yet tested the patch, because it needs to rebuild part of the > bootstrap chain. I'll report progress and update my patch depending > on the results! I got stuck on python-minimal with test-asyncio but then it didn't hang the second time I ran the build. I don't have a good pure python package I can think of to test the change. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted