Hello, I started experimenting with Guix (currently just trying to install new system inside a qemu) and I have couple questions regarding the installation process. For my setup, I want to use LVM, so I'm glad it is distributed on the installation image. However, I have a hard time actually using it. It seems to be available both as lvm2 and lvm2-static: root@gnu ~# find / -name pvcreate -executable /gnu/store/84nrv3kl3vvsrwknnccnhjal6z7iksxc-lvm2-static-2.03.11/sbin/pvcreate /gnu/store/vsxqa1l3p800flfzrq9vzq3v8bi0pfb7-lvm2-2.03.11/sbin/pvcreate But it is not on the path: root@gnu ~# pvcreate bash: pvcreate: command not found I'm currently calling it using # /gnu/store/*-lvm2-s*/sbin/pvcreate /dev/mapper/foo But I will be the first one to admit that it is not a great way. So what would be a better way to either call it or add it into the path? On IRC I was advised to try guix install lvm2-static, which does work (after sourcing the profile), however it does download the package from the internet. That seems pointless, since I already have one locally (as seen in the output of find above), so I would prefer to use that one. Another question is how to undo the effect of running herd start cow-store /mnt. I did try the obvious (herd stop cow-store), but that does not seem to do the trick. So, how can I do it? Thank you, W. -- There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.