On Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 05:36:13PM +0100, Andreas Enge wrote: > Am Tue, Feb 14, 2023 at 12:14:04PM +0200 schrieb Efraim Flashner: > > On behalf of the Rust Team™¹ we'd like to check our rust source tarballs > > for any hidden binaries² and to do a mass upgrade of many of the crates. > > Currently there are many crates queued up in the staging branch but we'd > > like to pull them out and run a rust-team branch. > > By "pull out" you mean revert them in staging and apply them on a separate > branch? That would also delay #61475 and maybe ease merging of the staging > branch. I was thinking more of cherry-picking them into a branch, not necessarily reverting them on staging. > Would it make sense to wait with the creation of the feature branch > until after the core-updates merge? Normally I'd say yes, but it might be a while until we can get core-updates merged in. > > As a project we haven't setup anything for starting the team-based > > branches and upgrades, and the Rust Team volunteers to go first. > > ¹ Help wanted > > Splendid! I suppose that increasing the team size beyond 1 would be > a first important goal, call out to volunteers! > > Andreas > > -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted