On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 10:06:41AM +0200, Max Brieiev wrote: > Hi Roman, > > Roman Scherer writes: > > > I think you need to use --image-type=efi-raw for this to work. > > Unfortunately, this doesn't build and produces yet another errors. > > > I actually installed my Guix system from another distro. I roughly > > followed this guide here: > > > > https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/guix-on-an-arm-board/ > > Thank you! I spent all day yesterday playing with this idea. > > And it actually works. For me the steps were like this: > > 1. Launch Debian ARM image. > 2. Install Guix on it as package manager > 3. Attach an empty qcow image as a storage device (/dev/vdb for me) > 4. Partition and format /dev/vdb > 5. Mount root and boot efi partitions. > 6. Edit file-system entries in lightweight-desktop.scm and save it as > /mnt/etc/config.scm > 7. Run: > guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt > 8. Reboot > > And this works! > > Now I've just discovered in guix-cookbook that there is a special > linux-libre-arm64-generic kernel for ARM boards and that u-boot is > usually used to boot them. > > But in my case it works with grub and a default kernel. > > Are there any advantages of switching to linux-libre-arm64-generic > kernel? > I believe it mostly comes down to kernel configs. The regular linux-libre arm64 kernel uses the Guix kernel config. The linux-libre-arm64-generic build uses the upstream defaults instead of a configuration file. -- Efraim Flashner אפרים פלשנר GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D 14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351 Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted