Oh my goodness, I didn’t know who Danny Hillis was before a google search..., except I did because the way I heard about this project first was from him! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmF7KvsldGU A good salesman! I’m embarrassed I brought it up! It’s an interesting prospect, shouldn’t we be working towards this fantastical goal? From: Konrad Hinsen Sent: 07 April 2020 09:40 To: Bengt Richter Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org Subject: Re: good practices in science Hi Bengt, > (I guess I get excited reading prose that shows attention > to the distinction between abstractions and their representations. > Sort of like reading quotes from Plato, and thinking, "Hey, wow, > I've had some of those thoughts." :) There are plenty of good ideas in that project, I am not claiming the opposite. Unfortunately, that has never been a guarantee for success. > I hope they are not just preparing themselves for spinning off > and becoming rich as a monopolist takeover target ;-/ With people like Danny Hillis on board, they should be aware of that trap! > So what makes you hopeful about guix? :) It's so technical that politics-minded people won't even look at it. Cheers, Konrad.