Hello! I think always you get trouble after update need to roll-back. Here I've got the solution http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2018-09/msg00153.html Try to boot with other options, choosing previous kernel and then roll-back. 20. Oct 2018 22:21 by cmmarusich@gmail.com : > Hi, > > I recently ran "guix pull" and then "guix system reconfigure" on a > GuixSD installation in a VirtualBox VM. Since doing that, I can't log > in. While booting, everything proceeds as usual, with normal output, > until the SLiM login screen is supposed to appear. But instead of the > SLiM login screen, I get a blank screen with a small white cursor in the > upper left, and I can't log in. > > Has anyone seen anything like this in the past? Here are some > observations I've made about the situation: > > * GuixSD shuts down normally if I issue the "shutdown signal" from > VirtualBox. This indicates the OS is actually still running. > > * I waited over 8 hours, and the login screen did not appear. > > * I tried blind-typing my user name and password, but the blank screen > remained. > > * When I boot from the previous system generation, there is no problem. > > * When I replace SLiM with SDDM in my OS configuration and reconfigure, > the same problem occurs. > > * However, one time only, while trying to boot using SDDM instead of > SLiM, I got to the SDDM login screen. But when I typed in my username > and password and hit enter, I received the same blank screen as before > and ultimately could not log in. Every other time I've booted the VM, > I didn't even get to the SDDM login screen, so I don't know why I was > able to reach the login screen that one time. > > * I tried pressing control+alt+F2 etc. to switch to different virtual > tty, but it didn't work. The blank screen remained. > > * I examined various system logs, but I could not find anything that > jumped out at me as causing the problem. It's entirely possible I > missed something important, though; I just checked a few places. > > There is more that I could try - for example, I could try starting an > ssh server in my VM and logging in that way. I could also try drilling > deeper into the X server logs, since that seems like the obvious next > step, since the problem occurs for both SDDM and SLiM. I could also try > reinstalling GuixSD in a new VM. But I haven't tried any of this yet > due to lack of time. > > If anyone has any advice or has seen this before, please let me know. > Thank you! > > -- > Chris