all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Tom Li <tomli@protonmail.ch>
To: "help-guix@gnu.org" <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: CDN Mirrors for GNU Guix
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2017 10:05:24 -0500	[thread overview]

Currently, GNU Guix is still in the early stage of development, and there is a great
lack of mirrors worldwide. For example. in my region, using GNU Guix is incredibly
slow, the speed is around 4 KiB/s and rendering it almost unusable.

Therefore, I created two CDN mirrors of https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/, by using
CloudFlare and Amazon CloudFront's service. I know some have the concerns about
such type of centralized corporation-controlled service. Personally, I have done my
best to minimized the security risks (HTTPS only, untouched signatures) and set ip
up faithfully. Please use it according to your own judgement.

they are available at:

* https://guix-cloudflare.tomli.me/
* https://guix-amazon.tomli.me/

Since they are identical mirrors of Hydra, you just need to use `--substitute-urls=`
in order to use it.

I have no experience on setting up mirrors. I expected to have some problems
related to cache things for too long. Please report any problems.

Happy Hacking!
Tom.