Usually compression is provided by the webserver, but maybe ours is not configured to do that. I think we're the only distro to provide compressed isos. Le 18 février 2021 12:18:44 GMT-05:00, "Ludovic Courtès" a écrit : >Hi, > >Julien Lepiller skribis: > >> When submitting the MR to libosinfo, there were concerns that the .xz >extension would cause problems with other software, so we left it out. >> >> I think we should provide a .iso download directly, if we want gnome >boxes to propose the guix system. > >We could do that but… isn’t it a bit ridiculous? I mean, compression >is >a well-known technique to reduce bandwidth usage, right? :-) > >That said, we now produce compressed ISOs IIRC, so it might be that the >extra compression layer doesn’t buy us much. Would be worth checking! > >Thanks, >Ludo’.