Hi Peter and Guillaume, thanks for the help. I've tried to use the Guix shell to have a complete environment for Kicad but for some reason it does not work (at least for me) So here are the steps to reproduce: $ guix shell kicad kicad-footprints kicad-symbols -- kicad I start I new project and when I get the dialog about the components I wish to use in the project it all starts to go wrong. The path to the symbols and footprints is also attached. I've removed all files from `~/.config/kicad` and `~/.local/share/kicad`. ---- Petr