all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu>
To: Jacob Hrbek <kreyren@rixotstudio.cz>,
	Liliana Marie Prikler <liliana.prikler@gmail.com>
Cc: "guix-devel@gnu.org" <guix-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Proposal: Build timers
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 18:50:39 -0500	[thread overview]

Do we even care that much about accuracy? I don't really care that the build takes 30 or 31 seconds, or even 1 minute, but I certainly care whether it takes 30s or 3h. I think this is also what SBUs give you: a rough estimate of which build is longer than the other. I think a simple proportionality relation would work well enough in most common cases. It might be quite off on a super computer, but who cares, really?